Wednesday, November 28, 2012

 


                                                                          My Home

The picture on the right is of my humble abode.  It is where I have grown up with my family and where my friends and I have had numerous sleepovers where, of course, something was broken every time!  I haven't lived in this house my whole life, but this is where most of my childhood memories have come from and this is where I've had the most fun.  Across the highway and down the street were where a couple of my friends live or lived.  As we were growing up, Rick Schmidt, Alex Hunt, and I would hop off of bus #20 after a long, hard day of elementary school and start our shenanigans.  We kind of had a rotation on who's house we were going to.  If we went to Rick's, we played outside on the trampoline that sat underneath the basketball hoop and we played a rough game of 'slamball'.  If we went to Alex's, he always had the latest shoot-em-up video game and we would get our daily dose of violence through that.  If we went to my house, we either played tackle football in the back or we played our own invention, 'kneeball', which was pretty much baseball played with your hands and a foam ball and you ran bases on your knees.

      

 











                                                                My School

Aurora High School. Hmm.... Where to start?  As much as I absolutely dread going to school and I don't want to say it, but I do think I am developing the senioritis I promised myself I would not get at the beginning of the year.  I just can't help it.  It's just so close to being the end of my high school career and I can't help but get super excited! I do appreciate my school, it's staff, and everyone that I see every day in the hallways.  I may not actually like the whole school part, but I absolutely love walking down the hallways each morning and seeing the smiling faces of my teachers and the friendly "Hello's" you receive from just about anyone.  It really does make your school day better and help ease the pain.  My favorite part about school is when you see teachers and you can just have a casual conversation with them, asking them how their day is going and if anything is new in their life.  It's nice to be able to have a strong personal relationship with the people you see every day at school!  The basketball court at my school as been a place of joy for me.  I love playing basketball in that gym, especially during a good game with a big crowd!  It gets loud and your adrenaline gets pumping.  I can honestly say there are not very many better feelings then the feeling when I'm on that court, playing a basketball game, and hearing the crowd go wild!
















My Community


The pictures are hard to see and don't even get close to doing justice to how amazing they are.  On the left is the scenery I see everyday on my drive to school.  The sun is usually rising at this time and it paints the sky in all different colors as you can kind of see in the back of the picture.  Trees line both sides of the tree and the lawns are nearly perfect.  Maybe I am just the only one that really gets excited about things like that, but it really just makes you feel a sense of pride in your community and makes your day a lot better when you see a joyous scenery like this rather than a dreadful one.  In the picture on the right is the infamous brick road that surrounds the town square and goes down certain roads downtown. I LOVE the brick road.  It gives the town personality and when there was gossip that they were going to get rid of the brick, my heart stopped.  I never want to see the brick road taken out. EVER!







My State




I live in Nebraska. Where Runza was created and where a tiny little star on the American flag represents so much more than just that.  I eat at Runza probably once every two weeks and when we go on vacation out of state or out of the midwest, where Runza doesn't exist, I crave it like crazy!  When I think about Nebraska, the first thing pops in to my mind is Husker football.  There is nothing better than a gameday saturday in Lincoln.  Smelling the tailgating food, the Runza inside the stadium, and the occasional nasty 'nacho burps' from the overweight guy sitting next to you.  Watching the tunnel walk and the 85,000 people go crazy! I love my state, I love my community, I love my school, and I love my home!

1 comment:

  1. So, I am beginning to wonder if the title of your blog has something to do with the nacho-burping Husker fan at Memorial Stadium. Seriously, though, this was a great post that really gives a sense of your place in Aurora, Nebraska. I totally get the beauty of getting up early and seeing the sunrise. It's amazing we live in such a wide open space with growing things around us. Nice job, Cole.

    ReplyDelete